Sunday, March 19, 2006

Felting and fulling by hand

That's it I wanted to try felting so long, and finally I did it. I don't have a washing machine so I tried by hand. At the end of the process my hands were way more ruined than the little purse I was trying to felt, or I should say full (see difference here), but in the end something happened. I'm not sure I should redo the process to shrink it more, but I guess I won't.

I used Cascade 220 yarn in pink (col 7805), Dawn dish soap, ultra hot water and a bowl of very cold water. Passing from one to the other for at least 15-20 mins. This was my rehearsal before starting the "booga bag" I'm planning to knit. What do you think? Should I re-felt it to have a more compact texture?

I've also progressed a little with my mom's poncho, I've finished the collar and now started the body. I hope I'll make it in time for Easter!!! Hopefully I can count on my cat's help... as usual ;-) This reminds me I have to finish my sister's Amigurumi dog!! I'm running so late in all the projects!!!

Finally, on e-Bay I bought the "Amigurumi Collection vol. 1" book, and to be sincere I was expecting something more. I mean all the amigurumi are made using the same technique (rounds increased 6 sts per row), so the book is kind of superfluous, anyway the pictures are cute and the animals in it definitely nice.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Sass said...

oooooooooh Justine! I love the little pink purse. It came out so cute! I also LOVE the Works in Progress Icon Bars you created!! What a great idea! So creative.....

PippaW said...

Thank you SO much Jocelyn!!!!! :-D