Monday, January 23, 2006

Filet Crochet


I have decided to face a new challenge: Filet Crochet. Basically I wanted to make a little curtain for the kitchen window. So I went to Lacis, in Berkeley, and spent there like 2 hours asking thousands of questions, to a very very nice and patient young lady. After all the talking I felt discouraged by the tiny tiny sizes of filet hooks (so small I almost couldn't see the hook!) and the yarns. So I bought a very nice curtain and thought about it a little bit.

I didn't want to give up, though, so the day after I went to Barnes & Noble and found this book: A Creative Guide to Crochet, full of nice and easy projects for filet crochet. So I said to myself: you can do it! And I came back to Lacis, bought some yarn and a US 7/1,5mm hook and started a filet traycloth with snowflakes motif... So far I already made a big mistake, but I will go on until it's done!!!

No comments: